The Career and Professional Development Center offers a range of services to help alumni of all life stages, majors, and industries navigate their careers. Alumni your career will go through different seasons, ups, downs, twists, and turns. We offer our alumni services to support career changes and job transitions – from networking opportunities to resume reviews to one-to-one career coaching with our Career Specialist.
Our Rattler alumni may set up an account on the HireARattler powered by Handshake system.
If you need additional assistance, please contact the FAMU Alumni CPD Center Liasion, Marie Smallwood.
To create an alumni Handshake account:
- Visit famu.joinhandshake.com
- Click “Sign up here” (top right corner)
- Enter your email address in the box provided then click “Next”
- please note that as an alumnus you do not have to use a “.edu” email account
- On the Add Your School screen, “Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University” should auto-populate, then click “Next”
- Continue to follow the prompts
- Create a password (Please note that your PASSWORD must be 12 characters including at least 2 of the following: letter, number, or special character.)
- Fill out the remaining information
A CONFIRMATION EMAIL will be sent to the email address you provided. Once the email is confirmed, a FAMU Career and Professional Development team member will manually accept your profile in the Handshake system. (This may take up to 3 business days)
How to upload a resume to Handshake
Having a “public resume” is RECOMMENDED in the HireARattler powered by Handshake system which will give employers (and FAMU CPD Center) the ability to view the document.
1. Click on your account icon in the upper-right corner of Handshake, then click on Documents.
2. Click on Add New Document, in the upper-right corner of the page.
3. Drag or choose a document from your computer. You can name it, select the document type, and then click Add Document.