Looking to make a difference in a child’s life and help them build independence, self-esteem, social skills, physical health and an awareness of their gifts to the world? Come join our YMCA Camp Letts team this summer!
Salary: Stipend Starting at $1,000 per week
The Health Center Staff will supervise and provide support to the campers and counselors. Serve as a point of contact for parent communication (check in/out, phone calls, etc.). Escalate any concerns to the Unit Director, using the Unit Director as a support system. Assist with all camper issues (behavior, homesickness, etc.). Be involved in the program organization for all camp and crew activities. Promotes good personal relationships, may teach planned activities, and stays alert to potential health or safety concerns to campers. Be an active part in planning and leading camp activities. Attends all staff trainings, meetings, and participates in all camp events and activities. Responsible for the health and safety of the campers. Interacts with the children at all times, taking part in each activity in which the children are involved. Other duties as needed
· High school diploma
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Clear the local jurisdiction requirements for criminal background and/or fingerprinting
· Skilled in teaching a variety of crafts, songs, stories, games, sports, aquatics and related camp activities
· Must be able to effectively communicate with children and parents
· Must be able to obtain Medication Administration Training. (Training will be provided or paid for)
Must be able to work from June 7, 2021 – August 13, 2021. Health Center Staff work from Sunday at 11:00am – Friday at 6:00pm. Staff are assigned 2 nights off per week from 9:00pm-12:00am. Must be able to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to pick-up at least 35 pounds.
* As an organization committed to improving and protecting the health of our communities, we require all new Y staff whose job involves in person interactions with co-workers, members, or children to receive a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: From $485.00 per week
- One location
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place