APPLY THROUGH EXTERNAL LINK. SUBMIT RESUME WITH APPLICATION.
Frederick Douglass once said, “It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” Be a part of building strong children with JAARS!
As a Third Culture Kid Care and Education Fellow, you will work closely with children who have been raised in cultures other than the country named on their passport, learning how to best care and minister to them.
Today, over 2000 people groups, 150 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA and our partner, JAARS, believe the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
JAARS Fellows is an 11-month, merit-based, professional opportunity that provides entry into a first career position, cultivates emerging leaders, and unleashes the world of missions. Fellows join JAARS staff in key positions to make Bible translation and life transformation possible.
Job Location: Waxhaw, North Carolina
What might you do?
You will work closely with the third culture kid care director and the departments that report to her. You will create and implement a curriculum for a summer long care program for elementary-age children and assist with an overseas VBS-style program for missionary kids. You will be involved with ministries that span preschool to high school. In addition, you will work on a multigenerational team, learn applicable life skills, and receive guidance on your next steps to reach your professional goals.
This job might be for you if…
- You love children and youth!
- You are a flexible, energetic, and team-oriented individual with great organizational and communication skills.
- You are eager to learn and grow in an entry-level position
- You are highly dependable, self-controlled, and a good listener.
- To engage with youth, you’re ready to work indoors and outdoors, can sit or stand for extended periods of time, and can lift a minimum of 20 lbs.
- You value global ministry.
It’s a bonus if…
- Your major includes Education, Youth Ministry, Children and Family Ministries, or Intercultural Studies.
In addition, you’ll receive…
- $10 an hour
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health insurance (if needed)
- Professional development opportunities including program development, leadership, project management.
- Networking opportunities with proven professionals.
- Life skills training.
- Education, including the Intercultural Communications Course, which furthers your interpersonal skills, explains differing worldviews, and deepens your relationship with God, as well as the Perspectives on the World Christian Movement course, which explores God’s global purpose.
If you have questions about this job, contact email@example.com.