The Assistant Transportation Engineer’s responsibilities include performing engineering tasks in transportation design, including conceptual engineering studies, preliminary engineering studies, and final design for highways, arterials, and light rail projects. You will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment with other engineers to prepare plans, specs, and cost estimates for highway, roadway, and other public works improvement projects under the supervision of Project Engineers.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Basic knowledge of highway and roadway design
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Eligible to work in the United States
- 6 months or more of design experience (or internship)
- Engineer in Training (EIT) Certification
- Knowledge in Caltrans or AASHTO highway design
- Master’s degree in civil or transportation engineering
- Experience in CADD and design software (MicroStation and InRoads)
- Knowledge of MicroStation v8i Select Series.
Location: Santa Ana, California
Employee Status: Regular
At WKE, we provide a comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits plan that includes company-paid health, vision, and dental insurance plans; 120 hours a year of personal paid time off (PTO); and a company match to your 401(k) contribution. We also offer an incentive plan to prepare for your candidacy for a Registered Professional Engineer license.