We are a team working on compilers and programming languages for Wind River products including VxWorks and WR Linux. We build C/C++ compilers based on open source LLVM and GCC technologies and proprietary technologies. We also maintain C/C++ libraries and enable modern programming languages like Rust.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- Small feature development.
- Cloud based pipeline/test development.
- Collaborate closely with an experienced toolchains team.
- Write a short technical report summarizing your work. and present your results to internal stakeholders.
Education & Experience:
You will need:
- Coursework toward a BS, BS equivalent, or higher technical degree in Computer Science, Computer/ Electrical/ Software Engineering, Applied Math or Physics, Analytics, or other STEM field.
- Programming experience with C/C++ and Bash/Python.
- Development experience on Linux/Windows, and experience with Git.
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Exceptional team player who works well in diverse, distributed collaborative environments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
It will be great if you also have:
- Experience with compiler related technology (Clang/LLVM and GCC, assembly language, assemblers, linkers, simulators).
- Experience with modern processor architectures such as ARM, RISC-V.
- Experience with iterative development of software and analytical models in an agile team environment.
- Development experience with cloud-based systems (AWS, Azure, GCP), and virtualization technologies (Kubernetes, Docker).
Benefits & Perks:
- Remote work from home
- Flexible schedule
- Access to online learning
- Networking with organizational leaders
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.