Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world’s access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
On top of the safety benefits that fully autonomous technology can deliver, shared fleets of autonomously driven vehicles hold enormous promise to transform people’s lives for the better through safer transportation and cleaner mobility. Waymo is keenly aware that the transportation sector accounts for almost 50 percent of greenhouse gas emissions in California when accounting for fuel production. To that end, we’re actively pursuing cutting edge carbon strategies as we scale our business.
The Waymo Sustainability team works to create business opportunities for the company and partner with our stakeholders and customers to create healthier, equitable, and more sustainable communities. The Sustainability team leads carbon inventorying and reduction strategies and policies for our company and partners cross-functionally across the company to work with regulatory authorities, stakeholders, public and non-profit organizations.
Waymo interns work alongside leaders in the industry on projects that deliver significant impact to the company. We believe learning is a two-way street: leveraging your knowledge while providing you with opportunities to expand your skill-set. Interns are an important part of our culture and our recruiting pipeline. Join us at Waymo for a fun and rewarding internship!
In this internship, you’ll:
- Support Waymo’s carbon and emissions inventorying, management and protocols
- Follow established program management procedures to Waymo to generate
- carbon credits and achieve Waymo’s carbon neutrality
- Identify and make programmatic recommendations for Waymo sustainability programs
- Engage with XFN partners to provide strong business decision support on environmentally beneficial opportunities
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new data systems, perform environmental analysis and carbon accounting protocols
- Sustainable business acumen and environmental management skills
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required. Ability to present thoughtful input to decision making and influence outcomes
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth oriented environment
- Proven analytical, project management, and collaboration skills
It’s preferred if you have:
- 3+ years of work experience
- Technical (Engineering/Science/Sustainability/Environmental) degree, BS/BA/MBA in business related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with a variety of sustainability, clean energy, air quality, and environmental concepts, including low carbon fuels, clean energy, corporate ESG and sustainable transportation
- Help solve challenging problems with a direct impact on the company
- Competitive compensation packages with a housing/relocation bonus (if applicable)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fun intern events and networking opportunities
Onsite Perks (These perks will only be applicable if the internship is on site)
- Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Free access to Google shuttles
- Onsite gym
Note: As the situation around COVID-19 remains unclear, unless otherwise stated this is going to be a remote internship position. We will accept resumes on a rolling basis until the role is filled. To be in consideration for multiple roles, you will need to apply to each one individually – please apply to the top 3 roles you are interested in.