Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically considered for the following locations: Foster City, CA; San Francisco, CA; Palo Alto, CA; Ashburn, VA; Bellevue, WA; Austin, TX; Highlands Ranch, CO
Specific assignments will depend on upon your skills sets, interest, location and team needs.
As a Tech New College Grad, you could work in the following types of roles:
- Front End Development
- Backend End Development
- Full Stack Development
- API Developer
- Mobile Development
- Data Analyst
- Systems Analyst
Tech New College Grads will be placed within one of the following technology organizations at Visa:
- Network Processing: This is the team behind VisaNet, the payments network that connects consumers and merchants with financial institutions. The team strives to maintain quality through high-availability and high volume to enable industry collaboration and innovation today and tomorrow.
- Issuer Processing: Debit Processing Services (DPS), our Issuer Processing platform for North America, processes over half of all Visa Debit transactions and is the largest single prepaid processing platform for Visa prepaid transactions in the U.S. The team also partners with third-party companies outside of the U.S. to deliver value-added services through Visa-owned assets.
- Merchant + Acquirer Processing: The team’s strategy is to build deeper merchant and acquirer relationships and increase total merchant value by developing solutions that address complex and emerging merchant and acquirer needs.
- Digital and Developer Platform: Digital and Developer Platform (DDP) develops and manages platform-oriented technology to advance the global growth of digital commerce and the mobilization of payments. Pairing a customer-first approach and relentless product innovation, we build the underlying technologies that enhance value propositions for Visa cardholders and business partners around the world.
- Data Product Development: Visa’s position as the global leader in electronic payments enables us to collect and analyze a rich trove of data. Our team enables Visa to tell our data story through business intelligence and develop innovative data-driven products.
- Data Platform: We timely deliver rich, high quality and easy-to-use Visa core data assets as a service, together with a reliable, scalable and secure data platform, that enables our internal partners to rapidly and efficiently innovate and monetize data-driven business products and services to lead the digital payment industry.
- Cybersecurity: Cybersecurity provides enterprise-wide, risk-based security and continuity programs to meet changing internal and external threat landscapes. They seek to be the best-in-class at the physical, cyber security, network, application, and data security layers.
- Corporate IT: CIT builds, operates and maintains the IT systems and infrastructure necessary to enable a highly connected and collaborative workforce that helps power Visa’s business.
- Operations + Infrastructure: Operations & Infrastructure builds, operates and maintains best-in-class IT infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, and continuously available.
- Open VisaNet: Open VisaNet (OVN) is responsible for building the long-term architecture for VisaNet and the future of our core payments processing capability. The team develops the next generation Authorization, Clearing and Settlement functionality that horizontally scales to support Global and domestic processing.
- Technology Planning and Business Operations (TPBO): Whether it is communications support, change efforts, or process improvements, this team is built to support the Technology organization.
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor’s Degree
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, CIS/MIS, Cybersecurity, Business or a related field, graduating January 2020 – August 2021
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
- Experience with Write utilities / automation tools using Selenium, Java, REST, Python, Groovy, and more
- Familiarity with software testing principles
- Solid understanding of software engineering concepts and methodologies
- Document process, designs, test results, and analysis
- Lead root cause analysis and track defect resolution to completion
- Review and provide feedback on development code, test designs and test cases
- Communicate status frequently to project stakeholders
- Team player who is able to work independently with general supervision
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.