Description and Requirements
Vertex is a team-based, collaborative tax technology company looking for an energetic B2B SEO/SEM Specialist to join our team. Our values are grounded in the cornerstone of respect – for employees, customers and all those with whom we work. We embrace innovation, deliver outstanding performance and thrive in a friendly work environment. The SEO/SEM Specialist will report to the Digital Marketing Manager and be responsible for executing the digital marketing strategy in collaboration with the internal team and vendors. Additionally, this individual will work directly with the Digital Marketing Manager to ensure the growth strategy is effective and in sync with our Marketing Operations and Demand Generation teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- SEO strategy, planning and related optimization of our paid versus organic traffic mix.
- Content optimization recommendations and keyword expansion research in support of our organic search strategy and to help guide content teams.
- Display ad, paid search and programmatic (SEM/PPC) design, launch and optimization.
- Google algorithm change review and related evolution of digital marketing strategy.
- Develop new strategies targeted at increasing mobile Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO).
- Direct off-page optimization program development (e.g. back-linking strategy)
- Provide input and SME in support of online user experience, hypothesis development for A/B testing programs and on-going website visitor-to-lead conversion optimization.
- Management of vendors and agencies contracted for digital marketing support.
- KPI definition, marketing analytics reporting and related ROI communication.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with:
- Optimizing websites for search engines (SEO).
- Google AdWords and Bing PPC campaigns.
- Google Analytics and deriving actionable insights from data for decision making,
- CRM systems (preferably salesforce.com).
- Marketing Automation Systems (preferably Pardot)
- Budget strategy and investment optimization.
- Working knowledge of online user behavior, lead conversion funnels and A/B testing approaches.
- Familiarity with tools like SEMRush, MOZ, etc.
- Experience with research tools including HotJar, CrazyEgg, Zarget or other similar tools
- Strong grasp of ROI with an analytical mind to mine data for insights and generate hypothesis for constant and fast iteration testing.
- Strong vendor and agency management skills.
- Ability to learn/understand core product functionality and market needs.
- Ability to work in a team-based, collaborative environment.
- Solid project management experience.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of B2B digital marketing experience (preferably in high-tech, IT or enterprise software).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.