VDX.tv is a digital advertising company going through an exciting period of growth and transformation. We’re searching for our next generation of leaders as we transition to an agile, cross-functional workforce, evolve into a strategic consultancy, and develop industry-specific product offerings.
The Performance Strategy Manager (PSM) will manage digital advertising campaigns, consult with international brands and ad agencies, and support VDX.tv’s sales strategy. In a typical week, you might meet with Fortune 500 companies, analyze data and develop campaign strategies to increase sales, and work with our sales team to determine which of our products to sell to meet our client’s challenges. We’re a team of diverse professionals with backgrounds ranging from Journalism to Finance, and we’re proud of our “startup culture” despite being a multinational company. We hire all backgrounds, but we require strong analytical and quantitative skills. Just bring an interesting perspective, and an interest in business strategy, problem solving and client-facing communication. You don’t have to know digital advertising to be hired. None of our team members came from this industry.
As part of this role, you’ll train with other departments, learning about all facets of campaign execution and technology. You will receive cross-functional training, and work with the Creative Services, Account Management, and potentially other teams. You will build a well-rounded portfolio of skills that will position you for success for a diverse set of career pathways within the company.
- Management and oversight of ~$10MM in revenue
- Management of our Tier 1 and Tier 2 (largest) clients and campaigns
- Develop expertise in one of our top verticals: Auto, Retail, Food & Bev, Travel, etc.
- Develop expertise in marketing and digital advertising, especially Display, Video, Mobile, and OTT/CTV.
- Identification of macro risks/opportunities to our business
- Meet with strategic clients, and national ad agencies, to consult on digital advertising, business challenges, and revenue growth
- Historically, about 10% travel was expected (pre-COVID). Currently, we do not travel, but may again in the future.
- Collaborate with sales teams to develop solutions and sales strategy
- Collaborate with sales teams by selecting, recommending, and pricing products
- Work closely with senior leaders and executives to inform company strategy
- Participate in cross training programs with creative, account management, and vertical teams to get a wholistic view of the inner workings
- Wear a few different hats as you learn about the cross functional aspect of our role and get hands on experience with various teams
- Bachelor’s degree. Any majors or backgrounds welcome, but most PSMs have quantitative backgrounds and experience.
- Some PSMs have an MBA or other Masters degree, but it is not required.
- Common majors include engineering, economics, math, and finance. We value different perspectives and have hired journalists, professional poker players, consultants, etc.
- 0 – 3 years experience. (Entry level to mid level applicants welcome)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Solutions-oriented temperament and the ability to stay positive in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to thrive in a culture where hard work and a laid-back, family environment go hand in hand
- Negotiation skills