Inyo National Forest, Mono Lake Ranger District, Lee Vining, CA
The Mono Lake Ranger District is conducting a pre-vacancy announcement outreach for a highly skilled and qualified candidate to fill two (2) Recreation Special Uses Permit Administrator positions. These positions are permanent, full-time, with a duty station in Lee Vining, CA, or Mammoth, CA. This notification is being circulated to inform prospective applicants of this upcoming opportunity and to determine interest in the position.
The Special Uses Permit Administrators report to the District Recreation Officer. The incumbent has the responsibility to administer the North Zone recreation and minor lands special use authorizations including but not limited to the review of proposals and applications, the issuance of permits, entry of data into the SUDS database, monitoring of permitted activities, billing, providing technical assistance and advice on outdoor recreation and recreation resource areas, and assisting in the planning and management of the recreation special uses programs.
Series and Grade Qualifications see Office of Personnel Management (OPM) – Professional and Scientific Positions https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-PROF
- Degree: behavioral or social science; or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
- Combination of education and experience provided the applicant with knowledge of one or more of the behavioral or social sciences equivalent to a major in the field.
- Four years of appropriate experience demonstrated that the applicant has acquired knowledge of one or more of the behavioral or social sciences equivalent to a major in the field.
- Degree: biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
- Combination of education and experience: Courses equivalent to a major, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
The purpose of a pre-vacancy announcement outreach notice is to determine the potential applicant pool for the position described. Your response is essential to establish appropriate recruitment methods and areas of consideration for the vacancy announcement. Therefore, responses received from this outreach notice will be relied upon to make these determinations.
To help us determine the appropriate method for advertising the vacancy, follow the link to the Forest Service Outreach Database: https://fsoutreach.gdcii.com?id=CA40C82102E24289977444E1886CEA8E Your response ensures that your interest is tracked in the Outreach Database.
If you have questions, contact Jameisha Washington, Mono Lake Recreation Officer-Mono Lake Ranger District, (760) 965-6893, or Lawson Reif, Mammoth Recreation Officer-Mammoth Ranger District, (760) 914-1933. This response is not an application for the position. You will be notified when the vacancy announcement is available and posted on the USA Jobs website, the U.S. Government’s official site for job and employment information: http://www.usajobs.gov.
Resources for Applicants:
Begin receiving career opportunities specific to the Southern Sierra Zone National Forests Job Interest Inyo – Sequoia – Sierra – Stanislaus
Want to know when opportunities are coming available? – Check out the F.S. Outreach Database
Federal Résumé Writing Tips
Building Your Federal Resume in USAJOBS will help you write a résumé for USAJobs.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.