About the Position: This position is with the St Paul District, Engineering and Construction Division. The St. Paul District plans, designs, builds, and operates water resource projects to benefit the people of Minnesota, western Wisconsin, northeastern North Dakota, portions of South Dakota and Iowa, and the nation. We are responsible for supporting inland navigation, helping communities reduce damages caused by flooding, environmental restoration, and emergency response to disasters.
- Serves as senior architect responsible for applying architectural design principles and techniques for preparation of plans, specifications and design analyses for in-house work and for management and review of contract work.
- Serves as technical leader of multi-discipline project design teams. Serves as technical team’s point of contact with the Project Manager and others.
- Responsible for the development and coordination of Architect-Engineer (A-E) scopes of work, Independent Government Estimates, Technical Analysis, technical support during negotiations and serving as Contracting Officer Representative (COR).
- Prepares in-house architecture design by evaluating design objectives and, identifies the most economical and efficient procedures after considering all functional and aesthetic requirements.
- Leads technical team in logistics of starting up a new design, providing input to Project Management Plans, coordinating technical questions for customers, preparing budgets, monitoring progress of design against budget and schedule.
- Reviews A-E design work to ensure design and technical excellence and compliance with the Statement of Work criteria and current regulations and codes.
- Reviews in-house work for compliance with current regulations and codes as well as Project Objectives and scope. Reviews designs during construction for contract compliance and advises Construction Division on acceptability of product.