Who We Are:
Founded in 2007, TZP Group is a private equity firm focused on investments in lower-middle market consumer and business services companies. Our team includes over 40 professionals based in New York. The firm has raised $1.7 billion since inception, with three active funds and one of the first Impact investing strategies for the lower middle-market.
TZP has three pillars of differentiation: acting as a Partner of Choice for entrepreneurial owners and management teams; managing the firm as a Company, Not a Deal Shop, making TZP a better owner and a more effective operations advisor; and, establishing the TZP platform with proprietary, scaled capabilities and diverse strategies.
Overview and Responsibilities:
The Summer Analyst position presents a unique opportunity for a talented individual to join a private equity firm with a 13-year history. As a Summer Analyst you will be exposed to a diverse set of experiences and opportunities to:
· Evaluate confidential information memorandums and financial statements
· Develop investment themes
· Create company and industry research
· Support sourcing and identification of new investment opportunities
· Complete financial and operating projects and reporting for portfolio companies
· Accelerate you financial modeling and analysis skills
The Summer Analyst position is for undergraduates seeking a career in finance and investing. The position will provide both training and development in evaluating investment opportunities as well as exposure to the internal processes of a private equity firm. Strong performers will have the opportunity to return full-time the following year.
The Summer 2021 program is anticipated to be remote (via Zoom or other technology) but may accommodate in-person participation pending New York office restrictions. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
TZP is a great cultural fit for you if you are a:
· Critical thinker, balanced with intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn
· Collaborative teammate and natural networker
· Thoughtful, analytical thinker with strong quantitative skills
· Good communicator and someone who easily establishes rapport
· Leader who has demonstrated the ability to balance academic and extracurricular activities
· Proven independent and self-motivated professional, with experience managing to deadlines and working autonomously
· Current enrollment in an accredited undergraduate degree program with an anticipated graduation date in 2022
· Demonstrated academic excellence with a GPA of 3.5 or higher preferable
· Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Significant coursework completed in or experience with business, basic accounting, finance, and economic concepts
· Desire to pursue a career in finance and investments
· Completion of an internship in finance or a related field
· Ability to work remotely if required
· Unrestricted US Work Authorization required