We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. Each person at Bell has a role in creating the technology and innovation that makes Bell an aviation expert. Our people in our business functions ensure the stability of our company by supporting the manufacturing and creation of our aircraft. No matter where you are in the company, at Bell, you are critical to the success of our company.
A Day in the Life of a Contracts Intern:
The Contracts Intern at Bell will gain experience in proposal preparation and contract administration. Interns will provide support to an assigned contracts team under the supervision of a Senior Specialist Contract Representative or Manager.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist in preparing basic Estimate Requests (ERs), basic proposal preparation, contract administration, maintaining contract files (ERs, contracts/mods, agreements, correspondence, contract systems, reports / metrics, data, correspondence and files).
- Aide in the development of data for contract presentations and analyses.
- Interface with representatives of other functions, Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Centers of Excellence (COEs), and customers.
- Support special assignments and projects within Contracts
Don’t miss the chance to join our team environment where you feel a sense of camaraderie. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where unique experiences, backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
- Must be a current student enrolled in a university and pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher at the time of the Summer Intern Program.
- Major in Finance, Economics, Marketing, Management, Accounting, International Business, or Business Administration strongly preferred.
- Must have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours by the start of the internship or previous Bell work experience.
- 3.0 minimum overall, undergraduate GPA is strongly preferred.
Minimum Requirements for a Contracts Intern at Bell:
- Strong interpersonal, reading/writing, business and organizational skills.
- Related coursework (within Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Marketing, Management, International Business or other Business – related disciplines).
- Must be able to fulfill the full length of the Summer Intern Program.
Ideal Candidates Also Have:
- Hands-on experience with group projects that include correspondence and agreement writing, customer interface, complaint management, negotiations.
- Familiarity with FAR / DFARS and USG Acquisition and Contracting Process.
- Prior relevant work experience in contracts or supply chain within the industry or government, managing correspondence, creating reports and metrics, and maintaining management systems.
- SAP, SharePoint, and Enovia experience.
- Characteristics such as being smart, personable, resourceful, seeking knowledge, reliable, ethical, and has passion for the aerospace industry and contracts as a profession.
- Organization, planning, time management, negotiation, writing, and presentation skills.
- Collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds, and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
Apply at jobs.bellflight.com/university