POSITION: Accounting Intern
TIME COMMITMENT: 20 hours per week at the Tavares, FL office
SALARY: Starting at $10/hour; Work experience at #98 on the Inc 5000’s list
Sunday Cool’s Accounting Department is seeking a detail oriented and motivated intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles. This position will be responsible for performing daily accounting processes related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, journal entries, account reconciliations and general ledger transactions. You should be a team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy in a fast paced environment.
- Perform daily accounting processes including journal entries, account reconciliations and general ledger transactions.
- Accounts Payable – enter invoices, maintain vendor files, handle inquiries, prepare payments and compare vendor statements to accounting records to research discrepancies.
- Accounts Receivable – generate customer billings, monitor accounts receivable balances, apply payments, reconcile customer accounts and communicate with customers regarding unpaid balances.
- Assist with month end close procedures.
- Create and update standard operating procedures.
- Assist the controller with ad hoc research and financial analysis projects.
- Perform miscellaneous administrative duties as needed.
Sunday Cool wants to pour into you as you further your career.
- Obtain real world experience
- 1-1 meetings with Department Heads
- Valuable time with Executive Team Members.
- Possible opportunity for future career with Sunday Cool*
- Letter of Recommendation
- Students must be currently enrolled at an accredited 2-or 4-year program or institution and have completed at least one semester OR recent college graduate (within the last 12 months).
- Students who have not yet graduated from high school but have dual enrollment with a college are not eligible to apply.
- Those who have taken college courses but are currently taking “time off” from school are also not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be at least 17 years of age by the time the internship begins
- Possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must have reliable transportation
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Actively working towards completion of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Successful completion of Intermediate Financial Accounting course
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong data entry skills with an emphasis on a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Aptitude for learning new technologies quickly and efficiently.
To learn more about our company please visit our website: www.sundaycool.com