Associate Software Engineer
Location: Englewood, CO
Starz, a Lionsgate company, has opportunities for Associate Software Engineers to work in Englewood, CO on various Software Engineering teams. This position is responsible for coding, testing and debugging new software or making enhancements to existing software. This position will also participate in designing new products and managing the full agile software development lifecycle which includes testing and implementation.
These positions are meant to be a transition into a staff level Software Engineer position. The selected candidates will enter a 12-24 month development period, where they will learn and master new skills, take on a variety of projects and assignments, and be mentored by senior engineers. On successful completion of the associate phase the candidates will be promoted to staff Software Engineer.
- Develops and implements software products using strong technical skill set and creativity.
- Responsible for coding, testing and debugging new software or making enhancements to existing software
- Operate as a team member in an agile team-based software development process.
- Develop functional objectives for software
- Adapt software to new hardware environments
- Confer and collaborate with other software development engineers
- Convert engineering requirements into software code
- Work with and analyze data
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related engineering areas
- Strong data collection and analysis skills
- Java, C# or C++ programming skills
- Solid understanding of cloud technologies and architecture
- Knowledge of SQL/relational database concepts
- An aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a good team player.
- Detailed oriented, resourceful, initiative and creative.