At Stanford Health Care, we’re driven each day by our mission to heal humanity through science and compassion, one patient at a time. Our Technology and Digital Solutions team (TDS) has pioneered innovations in research, education, and healthcare delivery consistent with our Silicon Valley roots. We’ve also undertaken ambitious initiatives involving AI, machine learning, and data management. When you join us as an Intern, you’ll become a part of this legacy of leading-edge, coordinated and compassionate care. You’ll gain valuable experience in the IT field and gain exposure to an invigorating business environment that includes interacting with IT senior executives.
Come join one of our TDS teams! We have six opportunities available in Summer 2021:
IT Enterprise Architecture and Integration (2 spots):
- Assist team in developing architecture blueprints for future healthcare delivery systems
- Assist with Enterprise Architecture tools.
- Learn new EA methodologies, processes, principles, and, tools while helping SHC create technology architecture blueprints, gaining a birds-eye view of how technology works across the hospital systems.
- Assist Enterprise and Solution architects in writing of standards, policies, processes, procedures, and best practices for technology blueprinting and solution design.
- Provide visualization for EA/SA process improvement workflows.
- Support team with requirements documentation, intake documentation and visualization.
Software Design and Development:
- Perform technical analysis, develop, design, test, debug, code, and implement new features and functionality for Stanford Health Care’s patient facing applications.
IT Infrastructure, Engineering and Operations:
- Support team with cloud integration and automation.
- Assist on genomics migration to Kubernetes in Cloud.
- Contribute to standardization of Artifact, Container, and Code repositories.
IT Security Operations:
- Assist security engineers on analysis and technical work for cybersecurity operations, such as cybersecurity defense tuning, patching, phishing and incident responses.
IT Technical Services:
- Analyze user access needs, develop access roles, and add/change/delete user access to our Epic application (electronic health care system).
- Assist on Epic EMR role and hierarchy review and Epic EMR system security configuration review.
- Perform or assist in troubleshooting and diagnosing customer access problems; correct identified problem(s) and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Identify areas of improvement and develop supporting documentation and procedures for these areas.
- February 26: Application closes
- February 29 – March 12: Initial resume and phone screening
- March 5 – 26: Interviews
- March 29 – April 1: Offers extended
- Late May, Early June: Internship start
Summer 2021 Internships will be virtual.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems by uncovering the root cause of an issue
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of team
- Able to set individual goals and schedule based on overall project goals
- Accepts constructive feedback and takes action
- Rising Junior or Senior in an accredited undergraduate program OR enrolled in a master’s program
- Preferred area of study includes course work in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering