Work for Our Water Resources.
Dive in, explore your potential, and commit to a cause that matters—for today and generations to come. Take up challenges that take on greater meaning by the day. Drive a variety of projects and initiatives with life-changing impact. Be part of an entrepreneurial team that is committed to preserving one of our most vital resources. And build a career that can become your life’s work with the Southwest Florida Water Management District (District).
Join our General Services Bureau
and make a lasting impact.
Here is your opportunity to deliver world class service to internal and external customers within our Document Services Section. Tasks will consist of scanning documents from the Record Center using the District’s high speed scanners and software. The District offers the Student Internship Program to provide students with real work experience and specific hands-on knowledge related to the chosen course of study.
For helping to maintain our valuable water resources as a student, we offer:
- Training and Development: Having a successful career takes more than technical training. The District helps our staff develop additional skill sets, such as emotional intelligence, time management, customer service, conflict resolution, communications and more. As an intern, you are eligible to attend these on-site trainings.
- Employee Assistance Program: Provides confidential assistance and support in a wide variety of areas important to an employee’s well-being, including but not limited to work and life balance, stress management, coping with family issues, financial advice, legal and workplace problems, addictions, student loan assistance and any other personal issues adversely affecting quality of life.
- Wellness Program: Your Health Matters is designed to encourage employees to engage in healthier lifestyle behaviors through the achievement of health and fitness goals. The program includes classes on health and fitness topics, District campus walking routes, a fitness challenge, tobacco-cessation resources, an ergonomics program, discount programs, incentives, and other resources. Participation in wellness program activities is voluntary.
Compensation: $11.58 hourly
- Document imaging, ensuring quality in compliance with the requirements of Florida Administrative Code 1B-26.
- Meet established production goals.
- Receive and process public records and staff requests in accordance with established guidelines.
- Regulatory vault operations, including retrieving and refiling.
- Responds to internal and external customer needs according to the District’s standard for service excellence.
- Assists Print Shop staff in the designing, printing, finishing, and delivery of all print requests for the District.
- Learn all aspects of the District’s Record Center such as storage and retrieval and scanning.
Most time will be spent in an office environment and requires the ability to perform continuous repetitive tasks (to include keyboarding) with one or both hands. There may be extended periods of standing and the ability of lifting and carrying up to 40 pound record boxes is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Credentials for General Services Student Intern
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Be at least part-time and currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or other recognized educational or vocational program
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 for undergraduate students or minimum GPA of 3.0 for graduate students
- Upload Unofficial Transcript to application or profile
- Ability to accurately file alphabetically and numerically
- Ability to perform office tasks effectively and efficiently
- Ability to express oneself to provide information to others effectively
- Ability to use computerized business systems, web-based data systems and other technology to complete work assignments
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, office support tools available at the desktop (for example: word processing, email, spreadsheets)
- Valid driver’s license
Preferred Credentials for General Services Student Intern
- Knowledge of document management systems and digital imaging systems
- Preferred Degrees: Information Technology, Graphic Design, Business
- Preferred Degree Level: Undergraduate
The District will determine eligibility for employment solely from the information provided on a District employment application. All applicants are required to complete, in full, a District employment application. Any application that is not complete, including work experience, education, licenses & certifications (if applicable), and application question, will not undergo consideration for the position. A resume will not be considered as a substitute for the information requested on the application for purposes of qualification.