This virtual internship will provide the opportunity for the intern to explore several areas of our organization. These areas will intertwine throughout the semester but the goals will be independent. This internship is available for summer session at 30 hours/week.
Southeast United States – Advocacy on Clean Energy
Energy efficiency is the quickest, cleanest and most cost-effective way to reduce carbon emissions while also helping reduce energy use and save money on bills. This opportunity will focus efforts already in progress in the states of Florida and Tennessee focusing on Energy Justice and Energy Burden
Responsibilities may include the following:
· Utilize traditional and social media to educate and influence the public and decision makers around the importance of energy efficiency in at the Florida Public Service Commission; and regional climate action and pursuit of clean energy technologies to assist local municipalities in achieving clean energy goals.
· One on one volunteer recruitment
· Work with the Memphis Has the Power campaign, Memphis, TN
· Assist with Knoxville Climate Action Council
· FECA, net metering in Florida
· Federal Action – TBD
· Energy Efficiency in Florida, the state will be updating their Energy Efficiency – work with a statewide coalition