Under general supervision performs work of considerable difficulty administering and supervising the operation, maintenance, interpretation, protection and conservation of a large State Park to include St. Phillips Island. This operation has a wide variety of activities and facilities. Performs duties governed by broad instructions, objectives and policies as defined by the agency. Involves choice of action within broad guidelines for a variety of conditions and problems.
1) Effectively trains and supervises full time staff and directs the activities of seasonal employees.
2) Directs a staff to ensure that all facilities, equipment, and property is maintained to the standards set forth by the department. Works to provide a safe environment for park visitors and employees.
3) Directs a staff to ensure that all operations are conducted in accordance with established procedures, policies and guidelines.
4) Responsible for change funds, revenues collected, and their accountability and disposition.
5) Supervises and participates in the preparation of all required administrative functions to include providing accurate and timely reports in accordance with department policy and procedures. Maintains and is accountable for inventory of all assets to include but not limited to equipment, supplies, and retail items. Ensures that park operations are operated in the most cost efficient manner possible.
6) Performs functional relationships and continued to improve public relation activities, educational and recreational activities as required. Enforces park rules, regulations and policies within his/her authority.
7) Manages volunteer services and programs to support the mission of the park.
Improve the overall performance of the agency, region and park by actively working to improve your skill as a leader and team member. Practice and promote teamwork within the the state park service and across the agency. Represent the region as an active member of a park or agency team member throughout the year. To include, but not limited to special function teams.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Park Management, Business Administration or related field and five years experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity related to State Park Operations.
1) Position requires medium to heave lifting, bending, walking and standing on uneven terrain, crawling and working at heights. Exposure to weather conditions, cleaning agents, and other materials used in maintaining park facilities and grounds. Works with office equipment such as computers, calculators, etc.
2) Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. The ability to work independently and direct subordinates as required. Knowledgeable of park operations to include maintenance and administrative functions. Ability to effectively and efficiently operate total park function.
3) Must possess a valid S.C. Driver’s License.
Actual Job Location: Hunting Island State Park.
Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
Residency in agency provided housing.
Contact: Allison King, email@example.com
Please complete the State application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. A State application MUST be submitted electronically through the www.careers.sc.gov website.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.