Purpose of the Role:
The intern will join the environmental team at Sony Electronics, Inc. to assist Sony in sustaining and improving upon the Road to Zero Initiatives, with a specific focus on chemical regulatory management. Sony is committed to provide professionals and consumers with products that are not only high-quality from a technological standpoint, but are also environmentally conscious and compliant as well.
- The intern will be tasked with tracking and monitoring proposed, pending, and current chemical laws and regulations in the North American (United States and Canada) region to help determine their applicability to Sony’s business operations, and to assist in developing countermeasures or action plans as necessary;
- One of the major laws that the intern will monitor will be the U.S. Toxic Substances Control Act;
- Asides from regulatory monitoring, the intern will conduct research to assess the chemical regulatory trend within the market and industry to help identify the risk and potential impact. This may include, but is not limited to, chemicals of concern related to California’s Proposition 65, proposed actions plans or countermeasures regarding the use or prohibition of certain per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) groups or flame retardants, etc.
- As part of Team Sony, the intern will help Sony remain proactive in the environmental and chemical front to ensure that the company stays true to their global values and commitments.
- This is an 8-10 week commitment over the summer.
- Bachelor degree, or currently enrolled in a college or university in a science-related field;
- Good understanding of chemistry and regulatory framework
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good team worker with communication skill set
- Great attention to detail & ability to analyze