Overview & Position Description
Sol-REIT is seeking an individual with an interest in real estate, renewable energy, capital markets and business development to join our team as an Investment Analyst. The Investment Analyst will report to a senior Sol-REIT executive and support company leaders across the Originations, Portfolio Management, Capital Markets and Investor Relations teams, as the company accommodates an expanding transaction pipeline and new institutional and family office investors. Additionally, the Investment Analyst will support company leaders in external stakeholder management, including solar developer and mortgage broker clients communications, investor and board of director relations, and collaboration with third-party service providers.
Candidates should have both a strong analytical background and an ability to think creatively and critically, with excellent attention to detail, organization and effective communication skills. The ideal candidate is generally knowledgeable of real estate, economics, clean energy, finance or marketing. Sol-REIT is open to a Senior Analyst or Associate-level hire for this role, depending on the level of candidate experience. Candidates will work in a hybrid remote, and in-person work environment, with a base of Miami or New York preferred.
- Participate in preliminary financial analysis and modeling of prospective loan investments in solar projects at various levels of construction and development
- Manage correspondence with external clients on due diligence and general inquiries
- Collect, review, and reconcile due diligence materials related to underwriting packages, including project financial diligence, third-party engineering, environmental and valuation reports, legal documents, and borrower and guarantor diligence
- Coordinate, communicate, and distribute due diligence material and feedback both internally with Sol-REIT Originations, Portfolio Management and Capital Markets teams and externally with developer and broker clients
- Direct management of business development Customer Relationship Management (“CRM”) and ensure seamless integration between CRM and Portfolio Management system
- Develop business development and investor-facing marketing materials
- Help maintain company brand management, including company website, social media presence and press relations campaigns
- Research capital markets opportunities in real estate and renewable energy space
- Work in a team environment and establish a rapport with internal stakeholders
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Advanced proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with excellent written and verbal communication
- Organized, detail-oriented, and with ability to anticipate requests, needs and deadlines
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn new processes and to demonstrate initiative
- Prior internship experience in capital markets, private banking, private equity, real estate, engineering or operations desired, but not required
Sol-REIT is a Miami-based private investment fund changing the future of renewable energy finance as a leader in our country’s clean energy future. We are poised to be the first-ever mortgage real estate investment trust (REIT) offering real estate loans to the U.S. solar and renewable energy market. Our vertically-integrated firm specializes in the origination, structuring and management of these loan investments in underserved middle-market solar developments.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.