Gap Year Internship
1st year Gap Internship responsibilities:
Gap Year 1
- Work closely with all existing medical assistant’s and surgical technicians.
- Find a clinical project with a preceptor within the practice within the first 3 months of starting the Gap Year Internship.
- Complete the project by the end if the first year.
- Includes presentation of the project and/or publication in a scientific journal.
- Successful working relationship required for a letter of recommendation for additional work or study after Gap Year Internship.
2nd year Gap Internship responsibilities:
Gap Year 2
- 24 months of internship required
- Same requirements as first year PLUS an additional project leading to publication and/or preparation