Summary & Job Description:
SEIU Local 1 has been on the cutting edge of building the power of low-wage workers in service industries and fighting for economic, racial, immigrant and environmental justice. We are now hiring a Data Systems Manager in Chicago to help build, maintain and continuously improve our data management systems to meet the needs of our innovative and aggressive field, communications and political programs.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing strategy, leadership, and oversight of all data management systems;
- Support forecasting, budgeting; staff planning, process improvement and data enhancement;
- Utilize member database to support organizational mission;
- Recruit, develop and supervise data management staff to ensure data accuracy;
- Train other union staff on database use;
- Work closely with the Dues Department and Member Resource Center to streamline and improve their processes;
- Craft data solutions for field, accounting, political and communications staff;
- Meet with other departments/divisions to ensure their data needs are met;
- Participate in development of new national initiatives and overseeing projects;
- Build more robust reporting/analysis tools easily usable by field staff and directors;
- Identify and implement work process improvements; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or communications technology;
- At least (3) years working with data systems and complex data reporting;
- At least (3) years hands on experience with Microsoft SQL Server;
- Familiarity with new media/platforms, Microsoft Excel and Access;
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to draw out needs from non-technical users and translate them into system tasks;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and an ability to work in a team environment;
- Knowledge of UnionWare, VAN, EveryAction, SEIU and call centers;
- Knowledge and experience with databases, reporting systems;
- Ability to develop and execute strategic and tactical systems initiatives;
- Ability to present information concisely to drive decisions and action;
- Strong staff development skills including training, coaching, and counseling;
- Excellent written, verbal, and analytical communications skills in English;
- Field experience in union or community organizing, or electoral politics a plus;
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary is competitive and negotiable.
- Full benefits package including employer-paid health insurance, dental, vision & prescription insurance.
- Additional benefits include a traditional defined benefit pension plan, paid vacation, sick & personal time, as well as tuition reimbursement and other benefits.