Scientists make our best salespeople.
Are you a technically minded, highly ambitious risk tasker who wants to move into sales?
We are seeking a highly energetic academic achiever to join our Sales Trainee Program.
What is exciting about this position?
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Sales Trainee is an entry-level position designed to develop dynamic, high-potential candidates who are interested in pursuing a successful career in value-added food and beverage ingredient and flavor sales.
Over a 2-3 year period, you will receive a well-rounded, thorough understanding of the specialty value-added applications within our organization in preparation to transition and become a successful Sales Account Manager. You will complete rotational assignments and serve various functions with increasing responsibilities and client interaction.
Build a solid technical foundation:
- Work in Technical/R&D areas and gain hands-on experience.
- Other rotations include Customer Service, Operations, Marketing, Regulatory, Purchasing, Finance, and ongoing Sales shadowing.
- Attend customer meetings alongside our Sales Account Managers as the technical expert.
Grow through coaching and mentorship:
- Receive sequential on-the-job assignments, job shadowing, and opportunities to practice skills and receive leadership and sales coaching.
- Ongoing progress support and evaluation to successfully complete requirements and objectives.
- Obtain leadership coaching to enhance necessary skills needed for success in the role of Sales Account Manager, including: organizing and leading a meeting, facilitation skills, project management skills, active listening, developing presentations, public speaking, negotiation skills, and conflict resolution.
Become a progressive industry leader:
- Work with new and emerging brands and products from conception to launch. Our customers include major international manufacturers representing most of the world’s best-known brands along with mid-tier companies and startups.
- Sensient Flavors & Extracts Group develops, manufactures, and distributes systems found in thousands of consumer products worldwide, and essential components of food, beverage, household, fermentation, and personal care products. Our value-added flavors, extracts, and BioNutrients enable our customers to excel in highly competitive global markets.
What do you need to bring?
- Ideally, an undergraduate degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, or a related field.
- Flexibility. This position is initially located in Hoffmann Estates, IL, and requires some travel. After successfully completing the training program, you will transition into a permanent position as Sales Account Manager and must be able to relocate within your assigned geographic territory.
- Strong technical acumen and desire to pursue the commercial and business side of the industry.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and prior involvement in extracurricular activities, internships, or other work experience.