- Detroit, MI
- The Rock Family of Companies is made up of nearly 100 separate businesses spanning fintech, sports, entertainment, real estate, startups and more. We’re united by our culture – a drive to find a better way that fuels our commitment to our clients, our community and our team members. We believe in and build inclusive workplaces, where every voice is heard and diverse perspectives are welcomed. Working for a company in the Family is about more than just a job – it’s about having the opportunity to become the best version of yourself.
Overview of Role
- As a GFF Scientific Research Intern, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team that seeks to discover and dig deep into promising research and technologies to help end NF1. By supporting the active research programs and operations, as well as exploring new opportunities, you will engage with various aspects of drug development and the research funding process.
- Conducting research and reporting on medical and healthcare technologies and associated organizations/companies
- Researching current events related to our mission
- Participating in, taking notes, and providing analyses on scientific meetings
Other Potential Responsibilities
- Drafting and posting GFF updates, including website articles and social media messages
- Assisting in planning and hosting scientific meetings
- Assisting in evaluating new grant or investment opportunities
- Other tasks as needed
- Science degree (must be in senior year of 4-year undergraduate program or have already obtained bachelor’s degree)
- Strong organization skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and maintain a high level of quality
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Unquenchable curiosity and passion for our mission
- Research experience
- Strong initiative
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in any hiring or employment practices. The Company provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in completing the application and/or participating in the employment application process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Team, The Pulse, at 1-800-411-JOBS.