Exciting opportunity to join Riverside Community Care as a Trauma Informed Care Coordinator!
In this vital position, you will be working in close coordination with the Program Director and management team to plan, coordinate, and expand inclusion, engagement, and trauma informed program priorities.
The Trauma Informed Care Coordinator will:
- work closely with supervisor and management team and will provide training, teaching, and individual guidance to staff in order to build skill and domain competency
- keep up to date with and support all in the understanding of industry best practices
- work to increase program awareness and related skill to provide the highest level of trauma informed care to the programs prenatal through aged three population
- support the program in delivering high quality Early Head Start in home visitation and socialization services through critical planning and facilitation of industry best practice standards to ensure effective family engagement, education, health, social, and mental health
Our ideal candidate is a highly engaged team player who demonstrates superb relationship building skills, is flexible, approachable and loves to collaborate with others!
Programming is currently remote with plan to return to in person when safe to do so.
Riverside offers an outstanding staff training program, excellent supervision, competitive salary, benefits package and career advancement opportunities!
- Fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Arabic, Nepali preferred
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle preferred or ability to access reliable transportation which supports meeting job functions across an urban service area
We are looking for a great candidate that has the following competencies:
- Has experience working with diverse populations who has demonstrated the capacity to professionally incorporate/find novel approaches which meet industry best practice standards with staffing populations ranging from inexperienced to 30+ years experience
- Is familiar with Office of Head Start Performance Standards
- Has excellent time management and documentation skills
- Has the ability to receive opposing viewpoints and constructively adapt solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Education or related field or 5 years’ experience Early Head Start/Head Start, early education learning programs, or trauma informed care organization required; Master’s in Social Work or related field preferred
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Early Head Start/Head Start, Home Visitation, Social Work, Counseling or another related field preferred
- Experience working with data management systems
- Experience with families with very young children and pre-natal women preferred
- Experience with low-income families preferred
- Experience with immigrant population preferred
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from culturally diverse applicants. We provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.