This position is eligible for our quarterly profit-sharing bonuses and additional sign-on bonus!
Eastern Maine Emergency Veterinary Clinic in Brewer, ME is looking to add a compassionate Veterinary Technician to their fast-paced team! This role can be part-time or full-time. Evening, weekend and holiday availability required, multiple schedules available.
- Provides compassionate care to patients and clients
- Keeps accurate medical records in accordance with hospital policy
- Prepares and maintains the exam rooms and treatment areas
- Performs physical assessments and records observations
- Restrains pets
- Prepares estimates for procedures and discusses financial commitments with clients
- Explains necessary follow up and home care instructions
- Stocks clinic treatment area and exams rooms
- Assists the Veterinarian in medical, surgical procedures; prepares patients for surgery; administers anesthesia; monitors patients during surgery and recovery; administers fluids
- Cares for all surgical materials; keeping the operating room properly stocked and prepared for surgery
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Veterinary Technician Certification (CVT) or License (LVT) required
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player
Eastern Maine Emergency Veterinary Clinic is an emergency clinic originally formed by local veterinarians in hopes of delivering prompt and conscientious emergency care for patients after hours, on weekends and during holidays. We are fully equipped and provide state of the art care. All of our doctors and technicians have training and experience in emergency care. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 5:30pm – 8am and Saturday & Sunday 8am – 8am (Open 24 hours from Friday 8am – Monday 8am).
Eastern Maine Emergency Veterinary Clinic is in Brewer, Maine, a city of approximately 10,000 people, which sits just outside of the larger city of Bangor: population 150,000. Brewer is located on the tidal Penobscot River, with 10 nearby lakes and countless streams. There is plenty to do in Brewer such as hiking, kayaking, touring the local breweries, strolling on the scenic Brewer Riverwalk, and enjoying the active music/arts community. The city of Bangor and the International Airport are just minutes away. Bangor’s historic downtown is full of new shops, boutiques, and award-winning restaurants. The Bangor Waterfront is now a major regional event center with premier concerts and events. And, Bar Harbor, Maine, home of the world-renowned Acadia National Park, is about an hour’s drive away!
A common purpose with an uncommon passion—this is Rarebreed Veterinary Partners. We are a purpose-driven team placing talent first by supporting professionals to thrive in our industry and empowering hospital teams to provide exceptional care for pets and their owners. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile to create exceptional work experiences for all our employees. After all, work should be your happy place! We focus on providing the best culture, tools, and support to our hospitals to allow the staff to focus on what they love most, caring for our animals.
We don’t want to offer you a job, we want to offer you a career! Supporting our employees’ career goals is one of the many ways we’re committed to employee happiness. This is why we have partnered with PennFoster – to offer our employees access to career-focused programs through the Penn Foster Veterinary Academy Program at a Rarebreed discounted rate!
What else do we have to offer?
At Rarebreed, we provide employees in the veterinary profession the best work experience by creating and fostering a great culture where you can thrive. We value you and offer a one-of-a-kind, flexible total compensation package that consists of the following:
- Competitive base compensation plus bonus incentive
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage (or opt-out incentive)
- Company-paid 3% 401(k) contribution
- Generous paid time off to ensure work/life integration
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Company-paid life insurance, short term, and long-term disability
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Employee Assistance Programs
- Continuing education time off and reimbursement
- Pet Care discounts for your family pets at our clinics
- Free monthly wellness meetings focusing on stress & anxiety reduction and mindfulness
- Free online group exercise classes, such as yoga and HIIT (High Energy Interval Training), twice a week, taught by certified trainers
- Free quarterly financial wellness classes to provide guidance in areas such as student loan debt, budgeting, improving credit scores, mortgages, and refinancing.
- Employment will require successful completion of references and background check.
This position may qualify for the Alfond Leaders student debt reduction program, up to 60k! Click here to learn more: https://www.famemaine.com/education/topics/managing-student-loans/alfond-leaders/
Employment will require successful completion of references and background check.
Rarebreed Veterinary Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about our career opportunities at: https://rarebreedvet.com/careers/