Company Description: Raftelis is an industry leader in financial, organizational, communication, and technology consulting for utilities and the public sector. We provide insights and expertise to help government agencies operate as high-performing, sustainable entities, and, ultimately, make their communities better places to live, work, and play.
Job Summary: Working within a team, the Associate Consultant will be responsible for providing exceptional client service in the state and local water, wastewater, and stormwater municipal industry. Our services include long-range financial planning, utility cost allocation and rate-setting, and management consulting services.
- Analyze data, and prepare MS Excel models to support a variety of financial and management studies including projects related to financial planning, customer data and customer service, water consumption and non-metered service attributes analysis, revenue requirements, cost of service, impact fees, rate and fee design, and financial feasibility studies under the direction of team members
- Utilize technical writing skills to produce and edit reports
- Maintain effective, professional attributes while dealing with clients & colleagues
- Support senior staff in the development and execution of project work
- Participate in preparation of proposals and presentations
- Bachelor’s degree (mathematics, finance, economics, accounting, or other related fields)
- Experience using MS Office applications of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience analyzing large data sets
- Excellent written skills including reporting of analytical results
- Excellent oral communication skills including presenting analytical results to clients or stakeholders
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Diligent, enthusiastic, and team-player attitude
- Ability to work within a small team that may be spread across a broad geography
- Ability to work independently on specific assignments once direction is provided
- Willingness to travel overnight for project and job functions, if necessary
- Master’s Degree or at least 1 year of full-time work experience
- Modeling proficiency and experience MS Excel, Word, Power Point. Experience with relational databases is a plus.
- Experience and/or interest in the state and local governmental water, wastewater, and stormwater utility industries
Rewards: Working for a values-based organization focused on growth with an exceptional reputation in its industry, employees receive competitive compensation, generous bonus structure, and excellent benefits that include:
- Company paid medical and dental benefits
- Health Savings Account with company contributions
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision Insurance
- Company paid Life and Disability Insurance and Employee Assistance Program
- Discretionary paid time off program and education reimbursement program
- 401(k) with company contributions
Additional Information: To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Raftelis is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and our sincere belief in the dignity of each employee, it is our policy to prohibit harassment based on race, national origin, color, age, sex, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual preference, medical condition, disability, religion, or veteran status.
To learn more about Raftelis and apply: Please visit www.raftelis.com