The world is changing at an accelerating rate and understanding the shifting landscapes has never been more critical. Primer is the premier artificial-intelligence powered platform that allows humans to get information that they need, instantly, in ways that until now have not been possible. We believe that truth is knowable; our mission is to free the curious to be their most human. We are building machines that can read natural language text documents, understand them, correlate them into events, and share what they learn by writing their own natural language text documents.
At Primer we use machine learning and natural language processing to automate the analysis of very large corpora of unstructured text. We build systems that read documents, extract insights, and write reports comparable to those of a human analyst. Our objective is to help our customers understand the world around them –– from geopolitical events and scientific research to changes in the risk profiles of companies. Our clients include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies. You can learn more about Primer’s technology and the sort of problems we solve at our blog, as well as recent media coverage of our work.
Primer is looking for talented college and graduate students with a passion for problem solving, research, and building tools that tackle the hardest challenges. We want people to help us expand what we believe to be possible. Join us to leverage cutting edge algorithms at massive scales as we seek to change the world. At Primer, you’ll grow your technical expertise while helping some of the world’s largest companies and most elite national security organizations solve some of their toughest problems.
What You’ll Do
- Work with large, complex, constantly changing data sets.
- Develop strong skills in data exploration, cleaning, modeling, programming, and visualization.
- Develop, train, and deploy Production models from the start of task definition to implementation.
- Collaborate with research, engineering, and sales teams.
- Imagine, plan, and create your own NLP research project.
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining their BA/BS, Master’s, or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or other quantitative field.
- Willingness to learn new techniques.
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience in PyTorch, Pandas, ElasticSearch, Postgres, or Transformer based NLP models is a plus.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When and how long is the internship?
- Internships will last between 10 and 14 weeks from May-September. Applications for out of cycle internships will also be considered.
- Where will the internship be?
- Primer Offices are located in San Francisco and Washington, DC. Interns will have the option to work remotely.
- When are applications due?
- Applications will be accepted and evaluated on a rolling basis.
- What is the overall interview process?
- The process starts with initial resume and transcript screening. Primer will then reach out directly with qualified applications to schedule virtual interviews.
- Is the internship paid?
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.