Shift: 2:00PM-10:00PM* or 12:00PM-8:00PM *
PPD’s mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to find a cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
As an Assistant Scientist, you will use state-of-the-art technologies to perform high-quality sample testing for key pharmaceutical clients across the industry.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and well being of our employees.
Possesses an understanding of laboratory procedures and under general supervision can conduct complex analysis. Performs a variety of routine sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations and/or biological matrices for stability and analytical testing.Trains on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs and regulatory guidelines. Responsible for review and compilation of results and data comparison against SOP acceptance criteria, methodology, protocol and product specifications.
- Performs a variety of routine sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations and/or biological matrices for stability and analytical testing.
- Trains on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs and regulatory guidelines.
- Communicates project status to project leader.
- Maintains a laboratory notebook and completes all laboratory documentation in clear and accurate language and according to SOP and GLPs.
- Performs daily work assignments accurately, and in a timely and safe manner.
- Reviews, interprets, and analyzes data for technical, quality and compliance to protocols, methods, SOPs, client criteria and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Performs self and peer review of the data for accuracy and compliance with reporting requirements prior to submission to QA and issuance to customers.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 1 years).
In some cases, an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered enough for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs and regulatory guideline
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory authority, compendia and ICH guidelines
- Excellent manual dexterity skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Time management and project management skills
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to cross-train on sample preparation techniques with another laboratory group
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
PPD values the health and well being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
PPD Defining Principles:
We have a strong will to win – We earn our customer’s trust – We are game changers – We do the right thing – We are one PPD –
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
PPD is proud to be an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or status within any other protected group.