- Manages and directs the activities of the Revenue Center, Flamingo Fares, Accounts Receivable, Fare Media and Revenue Audits, ensuring accounting activities are properly documented, executed, accurate, and in a timely manner. Protects the assets of the Authority by establishing and ensuring compliance with internal controls.
- Plans and coordinates activities involving the revenue center, accounts receivable, Flamingo fares, fare media, revenue audits, related journal entries, and account reconciliations. Reviews reconciliations with the Director of Finance as documented by his/her approval.
- Develops and implements accounting policies, procedures and internal controls related to the revenue center, fare sales and collection, and accounts receivable in compliance with all federal and state regulations.
- Assists with managing projects related to revenue and fare collection.
- Responsible for timely completion of the Federal Transit Administration National Transit Database (NTD) Requirements as it relates to revenue, including responding to follow up questions from NTD.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, annual, and other reports as needed.
- Schedules and coordinates monthly, quarterly, and year-end work related to cash, investments, and revenue to assist with closing out the financial books of the Authority.
- Reviews financial reports monthly, quarterly and at year-end to ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness of financial information.
- Manages the back office for smart cards and the mobile fare application, ensuring that the daily business operations run smoothly and in compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.
- Controls and directs the organizational elements necessary to ensure the Authority follows strict procedures and practices related to money-handling, ticket and smart card inventory tracking, ticket and card sales, and cash reconciliations.
- Assists the Director of Finance with the Treasury Management function including developing banking relationships and bidding out investments.
- Reviews all bank deposits made by the Authority.
- Monitors daily farebox deposit discrepancy reports from the bank and investigates unexplained differences.
- Manages daily operations and strategic objectives of accounts receivable.
- Manages the relationship with the armored truck delivery courier and other vendors that affect the Revenue Center operations.
- Enforces fare media inventory controls to help ensure accuracy, completeness, and validity of data.
- Adheres to strict cash management principles to provide and support the accuracy of cash drawers and a sound reconciliation process.
- Coordinates with the Superintendent of Customer Service to ensure the efficient and effective operations of the customer service team in relation to fare media sales.
- Creates budgets for the Revenue Center, requisitions items, and tracks expenditures.
- Provides documents, assistance, and direction to internal and external auditors as needed.
- Responsible for Merchant Services accounts, equipment, and credit card service and supports related operations.
- Assists the Director of Accounting with year-end audit, including preparation of year-end audit confirmations, updating relevant footnotes, and performing other audit related functions as needed.
- Serves as backup for the Director of Finance.
- Performs other duties as assigned to assist the Director of Finance.
- Supervises professional staff including the Senior Accountant – Revenue, Revenue Accountant, Lead Revenue Specialist, and Revenue Specialists. This position’s responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Business Administration or a related discipline.
- Experience: Must have a minimum of four (4) years of professional experience in accounting with two (2) years of supervisory experience. Previous experience in revenue collection and management is preferred. Previous work with a government entity is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of: Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and practices, Governmental accounting, auditing and financial reporting practices and procedures.
- Skilled in: Management and supervisory skills. Computer software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and previous experience with accounting software. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with personnel at all levels. Must be able to write reports, memorandums, training guides and analyses for a variety of audiences.
- Abilities: Must be able to communicate both orally and written. Must be able to prepare a variety of financial reports, handle multiple tasks, and ensure that all work is completed timely and accurately and that internal controls are in place and followed. Must pay strict attention to detail. Must be able to meet strict deadlines. Must be able to implement and follow proper security procedures for cash and cash equivalent handling.