Residential Mechanical Designers at PEG will have the opportunity to perform load calculations and design residential HVAC systems using the industry’s leading modeling software. PEG specializes in green building and design which we incorporate in each project. This is an entry-level position that focuses on furthering professional career development through training and certifications. We are looking for someone self-motivated, detailed oriented, and hardworking to add to our dynamic team.
This position is located in our main office in Fairfax, VA with an option to go remote after the training period.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform and review HVAC load calculations, duct sizing, and system sizing per ACCA Standards
- Provide support to analysis team
- Communicate any auditing areas to Management and provide options for resolution
- Organize scope into major categories to outline deliverables and milestones
- Determine primary timetable for deliverables
- Modify critical paths based on prevailing conditions
- Develop workarounds to overcome obstacles in the critical path
- Integrate, review, and validate critical relationships with primary parties
- Receive and understand client constraints
- Able to modify and adjust to software – Manual J Software, AutoCAD, Wrightsoft-Wrightdraw, RESCheck, REMrate
- Manage and control all data through Excel and SharePoint
- Interface with Operations, Owners, and Subcontractors to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems.
- Understand current IECC and state codes for Residential Design
- Advanced Proficiency in Excel/SharePoint
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Efficient Time Management Skills
- Effective Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Verbal/Written Communication Skills
- Ability to read/write/comprehend technical instructions
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant field is required with a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Relevant coursework includes but is not limited to the following: Thermodynamics, Fluids, HVAC, Material Science, and Circuits.
- EIT is NOT required but salary incentive will be offered to those who obtain it.
- AutoCAD or REVIT experience during college is a PLUS.
About PEG, LLC
PEG, LLC is in its 23rd year as a diverse energy efficiency, engineering, environmental, and management consulting firm operating principally in the Eastern and Central United States. PEG specializes in building energy performance, green building program compliance, building diagnostics, environmental and code compliance, thermal performance, HVAC design and operation, and construction defect. These capabilities have enabled PEG to become a leader in the application of national green building standards and demand side energy efficiency protocols. Operating as a design consultant and boots on the ground interim and continuous inspection agent, PEG leads the way in verification of effective planning and real-world application of all aspects of sustainable construction. PEG performs at every level of contracting from commercial structures to residential dwellings to charitable endeavors.
PEG’s staff of professionals come from a diverse spectrum of education and experience, but all possess a unique understanding and passion for applied excellence that solves the needs of their clients with a steady hand on the science involved and a constant awareness of cost efficiency.
Awarded 2020’s Energy Star Partner of the Year for Sustained Excellence, PEG presents a comprehensive capacity for the practical application and understanding of engineering and environmental solutions to challenges experienced in the construction and operation of the built environment.
PEG services focus on several key areas with the application of more than twenty years of consultation excellence for clients throughout the United States and abroad. These key areas include: Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Science and Engineering, Energy Efficiency, Built Environment Consulting, and Third-Party Program Implementation.
Please visit our website at www.pegenv.com to learn more about PEG!
PEG, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.