Program Associate, Public and Patient Engagement
*To be considered for this role, please submit a cover letter
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) is authorized by Congress to fund research that can help patients and those who care for them make better-informed decisions about the healthcare choices they face every day. In PCORI-funded research, patients and other healthcare stakeholders are equitable partners—as opposed to research subjects—who leverage their lived experience and expertise to influence research to be more patient centered, relevant, and useful.
The Program Associate will provide project management, support and coordination of programmatic activities and contribute to the Engagement team’s strategic priorities: Strengthen patient and stakeholder relationships to build and sustain communities that can engage in patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR); guide and support engagement in PCORI-funded research; promote the diffusion and uptake of engagement findings; advance the science of engagement. The Program Associate will work with both PCORI staff and external PCORI stakeholders and serve as an integral member of the team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage projects that are focused on the synthesis and translation of technical information into useful tools and resources that support stakeholder engagement. Responsibilities include:
- Review and evaluate engagement products developed by PCORI-funded study teams
- Support project management and oversight of projects to produce engagement tools and resources; including contributing to developing requests for proposals, coordinating proposal reviews, and managing contracts with vendors
- Coordinate and provide project management of the process to update PCORI’s Engagement Rubric
- Manage the development of resources internally by coordinating with relevant PCORI teams
- Support efforts to test and develop engagement innovations. Responsibilities include:
- Provide coordination for efforts to develop new engagement funding mechanisms
- Facilitate the development and management of new projects
- Contribute to the understanding and analysis of engagement practices within PCORI Research Awards, to identify and catalogue what engagement activities are occurring, how they are occurring, and the barriers and facilitators to meaningful, successful, and/or innovative engagement
- Participate in and represent Public and Patient Engagement across PCORI departments in matrixed teams
- Support efforts to promote the use of PCORI resources, tools, and learning packages; support the translation of knowledge about how to facilitate engagement and its value to the research enterprise. Responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategies for promoting products and learnings
- Support the creation of media content (e.g., social media, podcasts, video blogs)
- Research targeted opportunities for PCORI staff to share knowledge about engagement practices
Incumbent(s) in this position may be required to perform other duties and special assignments not specifically stated above.
Statements outlined in this section are designated as essential job functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Strong coordination and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently but also collaboratively across teams.
- Excellent editing, oral, and written communication skills
- Must be well organized, with great attention to detail, accuracy
- Able to set priorities and work with minimum supervision.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritize effectively, and ask for manager input appropriately.
- Judgment, integrity, and ability to work collaboratively across teams.
- Extensive experience and advance level skill with PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft Office Products.
- Skill in various data platforms such as Salesforce, contracts management systems, and social media platforms
- Master’s degree and 2-4 years of experience, or Bachelor’s degree and 4-5 years of directly applicable experience with managing projects and coordinating internal and external activities in a complex fast-paced work environment.
* PCORI Staff Conflict of Interest Statement – No PCORI employee can receive a direct financial benefit from a healthcare related organization during the course of his/her employment with PCORI.
Now that you have read this far, it is time to submit an online application. Please apply online at pcori.org. Check out our site and see what your potential possibilities are along with more detailed information about our organization.
PCORI conducts background on all applicants.
PCORI is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in our workforce.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States