Starting Salary: $19.55
Pay Grade: N35
Current Pasco County Employees: Please refer to the Personnel Policy & Procedure Manual for starting salary information.
Department: Public Works
Location: New Port Richey
General Description: Performance of work in the field of civil engineering including stormwater drainage system design, roadway design grading, surveying, erosion control, quantity takeoffs, and cost estimates. Preparation of revisions to plans, designs, specifications and finished work as instructed by a licensed engineer.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: All employees will be required to work before, during, or after an emergency. During an emergency, employees may temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location and work schedule to fit the needs of the County and its citizens.
Essential Job Functions:
- Organizes, prepares and completes construction plans for the projects using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Prepares surface models for the generation of plans, profiles and cross sections from digital survey base maps.
- Prepares basic designs involving calculations of line and grade.
- Prepares drainage basin area maps and drainage calculation sheets.
- Assists in utility locations, design and construction for adjustment or additions to existing systems.
- Develops CADD standards related to Civil 3D.
- Performs related civil engineering design and drafting work as required.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Knowledge of the principles, techniques, and practices of civil engineering and land surveying.
- Knowledge of algebra & trigonometry.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of Public Works and civil engineering.
- Knowledge of materials, construction methods, and techniques of site and road drainage.
- Ability to research and gain knowledge of the rules, regulations, and policies of land, zoning and planning.
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering plans.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with architects, engineers, and staff members.
- Ability to perform engineering computations.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, aerial photos and maps.
- Ability to compile data and statistics.
- Ability to productively operate AutoCAD Civil 3D and MS Office computer software, scientific calculator and related office equipment.
- Ability to operate basic surveying instruments. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Civil Engineering Technician Certificate preferred.
Minimum Requirements:PHYSICAL SKILLS: Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written and visual communication.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Associate’s Degree in Engineering or a related field and one (1) year of full involvement in civil engineering and drafting (road design or site plan preparation) OR graduation from high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma and three (3) years’ of experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a valid driver’s license.
ADA STATEMENT: A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Pasco County BOCC is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida law.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE: Under Section 295.07, F.S., Chapter SSA-7, Pasco County BCC provides to Veterans, that preference in appointment will be given to preference-eligible applicants.
PASCO COUNTY WAS VOTED ONE OF THE NATION’S TOP WORK PLACES FOR 2021