Panorama Education is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. Over 1,500 school systems serving 12 million students across 50 states have adopted the Panorama platform to help educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional learning and well-being, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement.
About the Role
Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) are responsible for strategic outreach to medium and large districts, nationwide. This role is a critical part of the Sales team to expand; awareness of Panorama in the market through cold calls and emails and serve as the first point of contact for prospects. On any given day, SDRs are responsible for meeting a minimum amount of activity volume (50+ activities) and setting meetings for closing sales reps in their assigned territories. This is vital to our work in engaging decision-makers in thoughtful conversations to drive revenue and improve student outcomes. At Panorama, we need teammates who empathize with our clients’ challenges and appreciate their limited time by adding insightful and meaningful value to each interaction.
- Complete 50-70 prospecting activities, including cold calls and emails
- Source leads by identifying target accounts with initiatives that align with Panorama’s value
- Engage district leaders and build Panorama champions through warm, tailored prospecting efforts
- Set meetings with prospects and run discovery calls to qualify potential opportunities
- Transition relationships over to closing sales team for in-person and virtual product demonstrations
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- Prior experience in a sales related role
- Demonstrated experience prospecting
- Ability to persevere through multiple rejections
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with skilled active listening
- Demonstrated ability to steer a conversation by pivoting quickly and overcoming objections
- Track record of exceeding goals in a metrics-driven sales environment
- Experience communicating across a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated responsiveness to feedback
- Experience working in K-12 educational technology, K-12 education, or even better- both!
- Proficiency or expertise in using Salesforce, Outreach.io, Chorus.ai, and HubSpot
- A genuine passion for helping to improve education
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are Equal Opportunity Employer.