Civil Engineering Specialist 1 – QCCS
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery & Operations Division
Region 5 / Construction
Join Region 5 Construction as a QCCS! In this position you will function as a member of a crew to perform routine field, office and inspection engineering technology work on transportation location, construction and maintenance projects. You will also coordinate and oversee work tasks for other inspectors and surveyors on occasion. Apply today!
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
- If you are a current Malheur County resident, you may receive 5% preference for this recruitment. Please indicate in your application questionnaire for this recruitment if you are requesting Malheur County residence preference in employment.
- A resident applicant who received preference and accepted the position must maintain residency in Malheur County for at least five consecutive years following the hire date.
- Failure to maintain residency in Malheur County is considered a voluntary termination.
If you are a current State of Oregon employee, you must apply through your employee Workday profile.
A day in the life:
- Interpret contract plans and specifications for projects to ensure contract compliance.
- Verify that the quality of materials meets specifications.
- Randomly inspect for proper sampling and testing procedures and confirm technician’s certifications.
- Resolve disputed between Contractor’s and ODOT’s Quality Assurance tests.
- Provide technical expertise to inspectors and contractor personnel on testing procedures.
- Troubleshoot contractor’s testing procedures, mix designs and more.
- Act as a representative for ODOT and inspect factory fabricated precast construction components.
- Work as a field testing consultant during DAS projects in design phase and materials production.
- Prepare and maintain both field tested and non-field tested summaries for materials.
- Review contractor’s and agency test results for completeness, accuracy and acceptability.
- To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov .
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Live, work and play in Ontario, Oregon!
Want to know about new job postings? Click here to subscribe for email notifications through GovDelivery!
What we need:
- Four years of para-professional engineering or surveying experience. One year of this experience must have been working independently or as a senior member of a team or work group.
- An Associate’s degree in engineering technology or surveying from a recognized community college or technical school of engineering and two and one-half years of engineering or surveying experience. One year of this experience must have been working independently or as a senior member of a team or work group.
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, surveying, or transportation-related engineering and one year civil engineering or surveying experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.