Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
Optima Capital Management is a leading wealth management firm that serves as an independent fiduciary and family office to clients. We provide our clients with objective-based advice, transparency, high-touch service, and utilize a goal-driven process for managing wealth.
As a fintech startup, our firm focuses on cloud-based technology, digital marketing, and operational efficiency. We foster and promote an entrepreneurial mindset to develop young professionals into the next generation of business leaders.
Program and Training
The objective of the business analyst internship is to learn, manage, and improve our core business processes. The intern will gain knowledge of a business functioning in the financial services industry as well as the operating platform of any business including major areas such as marketing, client service, accounting, compliance, investment strategy, and team collaboration. The role is informative on how to start or manage a business. The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Build out on our team collaboration capabilities with Microsoft Teams
- Help design our CRM workflows, templates, and automations
- Prepare weekly business reporting metrics and team presentations to support progress toward business goals
- Analyze marketing data to uncover industry, company, and prospect opportunities
Our Value Proposition
Our team of investment professionals has 27 years of experience working at the major brokerage firms on Wall Street. Our goal is to give undergraduates real-world experience and build their investment analytical skills. We will help you with the following:
- Develop a solid understanding of business operations and the financial service industry
- Build professional connections
- Help you prepare for interviews with potential employers
We offer a flexible schedule and the capability to work remotely from anywhere.
Please note that students should consult with academic faculty to determine if this unpaid experience will earn credit.
The prospective candidate should be pursuing an Associates or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. In addition, we are looking for candidates with the following qualities.
- 3.0 GPA or better preferred
- Demonstrated record of achievement
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Technical skills and proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Be familiar with the teachings of the books – E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber and The Checklist Manifesto: How To Get Things Righ
Supervision will be provided by Jonathan Elliott, Managing Partner and Chief Compliance Officer. Projects and tasks will be assigned and tracked in Airtable. There will be a weekly virtual training call to discuss progress and feedback. In addition, members of our team may serve as individual mentors to interns.
Apply through Handshake and we will reach out to you to schedule a one-on-one virtual interview. We will walk you through our strategies, tools, and processes so you can determine if we are a good fit for you.