The OhioHealth Brand Journalism intern plays an integral role in connecting with OhioHealth’s audience through storytelling with a focus on building awareness and trust.
In this key position you will get hands-on experience strategizing and executing content creation for OhioHealth channels. Content creation will include writing for the OhioHealth Blog, Newsroom and social media, as well as playing a supporting role in photography and videography projects. You’ll also gain experience in measuring content performance and have the opportunity to support live and online events.
• Junior or senior-level college student pursuing a degree in brand journalism, content marketing or related fields. Graduate level or postgraduate level applicants will not be considered.
• Strong writing & interview skills, as well as a familiarity with photography, videography and editing.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong oral communication skills.
• Ability to multitask and work independently as well as part of a team.
• Professional and flexible self-starter and self-motivator.
• Familiarity with AP style.
• Paid ($15/hour) for no less than a one-year commitment, with a 90-day review to ensure the internship is a good fit. Summer-only internships are not offered.
• Hours per week depend on the position and job site, but typically are 20 hours/week during the school year and up to 40 hours/week during the summer or school breaks.
• Some travel may be required, so reliable transportation is a must.
• Dress is business casual.
• Some after-hour event support may be needed.
• Participate in internship projects and present outcomes to the department.
• Participate in all aspects of producing and publishing brand journalism content and social media posts, including researching story ideas, writing articles using AP and OhioHealth style, taking photos or videos and uploading stories onto OhioHealth’s WordPress blog, newsroom and social channels.
• Contribute to brainstorms for content creation.
High School or GED (Required)
See minimum qualifications.