Our Novelis Richmond, VA facility is seeking to add a talented Accounting Assistant to its team. The purpose of this role is to support the accounting function by conducting month-end closing reports, cost analysis and various other plant reports. The position will work closely with the plant Controller on a variety of Finance duties.
· Maintains a safe working environment by complying with Novelis HSE standards and policies, all state and federal regulations, and company policies and procedures.
· Live and champion the Novelis Cultural Beliefs
· Assist the Plant Controller with financial reporting and analysis as required.
· Assist Plant Controller in the preparation of monthly forecasts and annual budget plans.
· Participate and perform month-end plant closing activities.
· Assist to ensure proper policies and procedures are followed.
· Assist with audit requests and coordination with external and internal auditors.
· Assist in tracking and validating productivity and project savings.
· Work with Plant Operations Management to perform analysis as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with Maintenance and Engineering departments to support initiatives and activities for reliable people, processes, and equipment
· Customer invoicing, memo processing, sales reporting
· Maintain the plant’s product code system (new products, routers, bill of materials).
· Bachelor’s degree in an Accounting
· Accounting experience in manufacturing environment is preferred
- Microsoft Office & ERP experience a plus.
- Ability to work varying hours depending on internal and external deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Must have exceptional organizational and prioritization skills to meet deadlines and maintain necessary documentation.
- Strong analytical and independent problem-solving skills