A Legacy of Living Well
At The Village, you will be able to work within a beautiful 104-acre, resort style living community. Voted Best Retirement Community and Best Assisted Living Facility by The Gainesville Sun and certified Great Place to Work, we are committed to helping older adults live their best lives! So you will have the opportunity to define excellence in our Senior Living community. But most importantly, you will have the ability to work in a close knit community while building close, rewarding relationships with residents and their families.
Overview: In the role of the C.N.A. /Medication Technician, this individual will attend to the daily care and medication needs of residents while maintaining a home-like environment that is clean, safe, and orderly. This position is intended to enhance the quality of life for assisted living residents by providing regular and meaningful engagement. The performance of duties within this position is in accordance with the Mission of The Village. This position reports to the Assisted Living Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the residents with activities of daily living, i.e., bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting and eating, in a competent and caring manner.
- Assist residents with ambulation, both transferring and with assistive devices, using correct body mechanics and techniques.
- Assist with routine catheter and colostomy bag care under the supervision of a nurse.
- Assist with preparation of the resident for medical or other appointments.
- Communicate observations or concerns regarding residents to Nurse and/or Manager.
- Communicate with health care providers (physicians, therapists, and case managers), families and responsible parties of residents.
- Complete all required reporting and documentation in the medical record as needed.
- Provide support to family and significant others in the care giving requirements of the resident. Encourage family involvement in the facility’s programs or activities for residents, including meals and outings.
- Maintain confidentiality of resident/family and facility information.
- Lead or assist with both formal and informal activities throughout work shift.
- Actively participate in intensive and frequent training and coaching in all job-related functions to include all in-service required training.
- Ensure a clean, safe, comfortable home setting by daily cleaning, straightening, and proper storage of equipment and supplies.
- Follow all policies and procedures regarding self-administration of medication.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Certification as a Nursing Assistant.
- CPR and First Aide certification or eligible.
- If applicable, Medication Technicians must successfully complete The Village Medical Assistance Training, including return demonstration of skills and understanding in assisting residents with self-administration of medications.
*Part-time positions may not be eligible for certain benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, Employee Assistance, Supplemental Plans (Hospital, Cancer, Accident, Identity/Legal)
- PayActiv/Pay Advance Program, Recognition Program (up to $500), Holiday Gift Fund, Tuition Reimbursement, Scholarship Program (up to $30,000), 401k Match/Discretionary Bonus, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account
- Employee Discounts, Tickets at Work, PTO giveaways, free Luncheons and Food Truck tickets, on-campus Starbucks & Bistro, Health & Wellness challenges
Culture: The Village at Gainesville offers a highly professional, engaging, team-centered environment where associates can grow professionally, and have a positive impact on the lives of the seniors that we serve. If you have a passion for serving others and are dedicated to improving the lives of seniors, this is the employment opportunity for you!
The Village at Gainesville provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Village complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.