Behind every patient success story — before every clinical breakthrough — stands the unparalleled team of professionals at New York’s #1 Hospital.
Graduate Summer 2021 Internship Program
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is one of the most comprehensive university hospitals in the world, with leading specialists in every field of medicine. We are composed of two renowned medical centers, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center and NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, and affiliated with two Ivy League medical institutions, Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons and Weill Medical College of Cornell University.
With our dedicated staff, modern facilities, state-of-the-art technology, commitment to quality care, and role in educating future physicians, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital has earned a reputation as a healthcare leader. Whether providing specialty care to the tiniest newborns, performing complex cardiothoracic surgery, or offering comprehensive primary care, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital delivers excellence in healthcare with compassion and caring.
Summer 2021, NYP will be offering several ten-week paid internship opportunities for qualified graduate students from leading university programs.
Incoming interns will participate in strategic initiatives, working closely with senior management in some of the following departments:
- Vaccination Operations
- Vaccination Analytics
- Workforce Health & Safety
- Community Health
- Talent Acquisition
- Procurement & Strategic Sourcing
Internship Program Components
- Each intern will be assigned a mentor from the members of the Emerging Leadership Council
- Interns will have one-on-one career information meetings with Senior Leaders
- All interns will create and present a 15-minute presentation to senior leaders to highlight their contributions to the organization at the completion of the summer program
- Interns will be invited to participate in networking events throughout the summer with other emerging leaders in the organization who have completed similar programs to enhance their summer experience
- Qualified candidates will be first-year students enrolled in a graduate program (MBA, MHA, MPA, MPH preferred)
To be considered for this opportunity, please upload a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, be sure to articulate the top three areas or potential projects you are most interested in working with at the hospital and why.
Please note, a cover letter and resume must be uploaded as one document when submitting an application.
- Applications must be submitted by Friday, February 26th at 11:59PM
- Talent Acquisition will review and candidate video-interview submissions will be requested during the last two weeks of February
- Virtual Interviews will take place on Monday, March 8th and/or Tuesday, March 9th (please be flexible)