We’re forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can’t do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it’s in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
NetApp is a Fortune 500 company that believes in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, focused on data protection, and open to enriching customer solutions for on premise and/or cloud environments. We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. We bring enterprise-grade data services customers rely on into the cloud, and the simple flexibility of cloud into the data center. And we do it with industry-leading solutions that work across diverse environments and the world’s biggest hyper-scale cloud providers.
At NetApp, we fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive workforce with a culture of belonging that enables our employees to bring their whole selves to do their life’s best work.
As a Legal Intern you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in NetApp’s culture as well as the products and solutions. You will have the opportunity to be part of a team that expands across multiple sites as well as develop an understanding of what it takes to run a medium size legal organization from inside a corporation and how in-house legal counsel operates on a daily basis.
This position is within the NetApp’s Legal Department and can cover any of the following 5 practice areas: Contract Negotiations; Legal Operations; Intellectual Property; Contract Management; and Compliance.
Who do we look for?
Are you a continuous learner who wants to join an empowered team of forward-thinking, smart, dedicated technologists that approaches every problem with fresh eyes? If you answered yes, you may be who NetApp is looking for!
We recognize that not everyone fits neatly into any checklist, but below are some of the skills and experience we think will help make you successful in this role. If you don’t match everything on this list, but are excited about the opportunity and think you could contribute, we’d love to hear from you.
• Shadowing in-house counsel and gaining exposure to corporate transactions;
• Negotiating NDAs and technology contracts with opposing counsel;
• Supporting various business units and advising on risk tolerance and interpreting contract terms;
• Create and manage templates that transactional attorneys use on a daily basis;
• Interpret contractual issues that arise throughout the summer;
• Reviewing patent applications;
• Assisting patent litigation;
• Testing and implementing new Legal tools within the department
• Eager to learn and a strong desire to grow and expand knowledge in the corporate and in-house legal world.
• Ability to use the skills that are currently being gained in law school to build a strong foundation for a legal career.
• A passion for evangelizing integrity, ethics, and compliance.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity and intellect.
• Strong negotiation skills and ability to build strong relationships with clients throughout NetApp as well as legal department colleagues worldwide.
• Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to work both independently and with colleagues as needed;
• Good legal, analytical, judgment, organizational, advocacy, negotiation and program management skills.
NetApp’s approach to in-person and remote work will be a flexible hybrid model that emphasizes
flexibility for employees and puts our talent first.
Must be enrolled in an educational or professional program through summer 2022 or later.