This is an exciting opportunity to launch your financial career in the corporate finance department of one of the fastest growing life insurance companies in the country. National Life Group currently has an opening for a Staff Accountant to join a team that is fundamental to the financial reporting and analysis function of the organization. This position offers a chance to gain broad accounting, finance, and industry experience in a dynamic environment.
- Preparation of GAAP and statutory financial statements, regulatory filings and related reconciliation controls.
- Participation in financial close process by calculating postings and analyzing results.
- Communication with management as well as internal and external auditors.
- Analyze business processes for effectiveness, efficiency and compliance with corporate policy/procedures, as well as state and federal regulatory authorities
- Provide support to senior level management on special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 1-2 years experience preferred
- Must have a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficiencies for systems and technology use strongly preferred (including Alteryx)
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and within time constraints and reporting deadlines
- Background checks are required for all employees
- We are looking for a self-starter with proven analytical ability and excellent communication skills. Our environment is fast-paced, deadline driven and team oriented.
- Ideal candidate will demonstrate ambition for career development and advanced designations such as CPA licensing
- We offer a comprehensive suite of benefits. Our company highly values community, wellness and the environment.
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- 401(k) with employer match
- Generous paid vacation
- 40 hours of paid volunteer time
- Charitable contribution employer match
- Onsite fitness and health center
- Paid Family Leave and other family-related benefits
National Life Group ® is a trade name of National Life Insurance Company, Montpelier, VT and its affiliates.