The marketing and public relations department is offering an internship for undergraduate students working towards a degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Interactive Media or any related major. Recent graduates will also be considered.
Interns will assist the marketing and public relations department during their daily routine.
– Management of archiving system for Zoo press clippings, images and videos
– Assistance with Zoo social media account management
– Assistance with development of monthly email communications to supporters
– Management of online calendars
– Assistance with ticketing partner relationships
– Zoo mascot assistance
– Zoo event support
– Assisting with onsite signage needs
– Aid marketing team with promotion of Zoo initiatives
Those with a writing and/or graphics background can also assist with Zoo press releases, blog posts and fulfillment various graphic needs.
Note: Nashville Zoo Internships are unpaid. We are unable to provide housing or reimbursement for travel expenses. Academic requirements for institution credit are the responsibility of the student intern to fulfill. Nashville Zoo will make every effort to support the student in their academic goals as they relate to the internship position outlined in the provided position description.
– Must be an undergraduate enrolled in an accredited college pursuing a degree in Interactive Media, Digital Media, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Advertising or a related major
– Internships require a weekly commitment, minimum of 20 hours a week
– Applicants for this position must submit an Application Packet, and are required to submit to a criminal background check as well as show recent proof of a current TB test.
Desired Skills or Experience
– Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office programs required; Knowledge of Adobe programs a plus.
– Ability to handle multiple tasks
How to Apply
Please visit the website link below to find the listing of all open internship positions, and submit the following application materials.
*Online Internship Application and questions
*Cover letter explaining:
-Applicant’s career goals and how this internship will help achieve those goals
-Relevant skills, activities, experience and/or classes
-School requirements for internship credit (if applicable)
*Two letters of recommendation