We are a landscape design, installation and maintenance company that exclusively works with Florida native plants. We are looking to offer a paid internship to a student who’s passionate about the environment and the use of native plants as the solution. The ideal individual will naturally engage with our six core values: social responsibility, sustainability, environment friendly, harmony, wildlife, and education.
The opportunity includes part-time to full-time with potential to earn a permanent position. The overarching benefit is to learn how a good design creates micro-ecosystems that provide natural habitats in residential settings. Through this process, you will learn how native plants perform in different environments and conditions and the benefits they provide.
This is the perfect paid opportunity for students in the horticulture or/and landscape design department.
- Reliable transportation
- Must be eligible to work in the USA
- Have a valid driver’s license with a clean record
- Smart phone with GPS for work related apps
- Must pass a background check
- Willing to services different coverage areas (transportation reimbursement available) and commute sometimes to our office in Minneola, FL.
- Okay to work in a smoke-free environment
- Is fit to work outdoors in most weather conditions and occasionally around a body of water (i.e. lake, ponds, canals)
- Able to lift bags of mulch, pots and other gardening tools at ease.
- Must be able to work on his/her feet for long periods of time as well as being able to repeatedly get up and down from his/her knees to fee
- Hand weeding, manual hedge trimming, pruning, and clean-up
- Digging correct holes for planting, correct mulching, and plant placement.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs., bend and move about freely and work outside in the Central Florida summer heat.
- Learn to work effectively and efficiently, depending on goals
- Able to take directive and execute
- Work solo and in a team environment
- Make and submit detailed service reports with photos
- Participate in new landscape design installation
Ideal candidates (not required):
- Enjoy gardening
- Experience in gardening and design
- Know how to use gardening tools
- Experience in Lead, Supervisory positions
- Detail oriented and able to document observations
- Interest in sustainable living and supporting wildlife
- Love nature and the outdoors
- Knowledge of plant and/or weed IDs is PLUS+, and will earn you more money