At Modernizing Medicine, we look for passionate, innovative, creative Rock Stars!
- Inc. Magazine Best Workplaces of 2020
- Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America – 2015 – 2019
- Best Use of Technology in Customer Service (Gold) – Customer Sales and Service World Awards® – 2019
- Customer Service Department of the Year (Gold) – Customer Sales and Service World Awards – 2018
- South Florida Business Journal Fastest Growing Technology Company – 2016 – 2018
- Customer Success Team of the Year by SIIA’s Company CODiE – 2017
- People’s Choice UX Award for modmed® Kiosk – 2017
Modernizing Medicine is delivering truly disruptive and transformative products and services that will impact the healthcare industry. The work we do makes a difference.
Our web and mobile applications are transforming healthcare information technology to increase practice efficiency and improve patient outcomes. We offer end-to-end specialty-specific solutions from practice management, through EMR to Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) that maximize office interactions, patient visits, collections and reimbursements.
As a Mod Med Java Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to grow, make decisions, have fun and innovate! If you are a Java jockey, eager to exercise and grow your technical chops; there’s no better place than Mod Med. We are not a “maintenance mode” software shop. We continue to transform Healthcare IT and build to high standards of excellence. We’re known as industry innovators, and plan on keeping it that way. Join us!
The Software Engineer will design, develop, document, unit test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications (cloud and/or in-house) using the Java programming language and related development technologies.
You may be a great fit for Mod Med’s Java Engineering opportunity, IF…
- You are a gifted Java Engineer; passionate about developing innovative SaaS based web applications.
- You are a collaborator. You thrive in environments that freely exchange ideas and viewpoints.
- You are an innovator that believes in making a difference and having fun doing it.
- Write correct and clean code, following stated best practices and rarely making the same mistake twice.
- Participate in technical design decisions with guidance.
- Focus on attaining expertise in one or more areas of the codebase.
- Self-sufficient in at least one area of the codebase with a high-level understanding of other components.
- Capable of providing support for your area including components you may not be familiar with.
- Give timely, helpful feedback to peers and managers.
- Communicate assumptions and get clarification on tasks to minimize the need for rework.
- Solicit feedback from others and eager to find ways to improve.
- Understand how your work fits into the larger project and identify issues with requirements.
- Capable of prioritizing and completing complex tasks with guidance as part of a team.
- Make steady progress without the need for constant feedback from more senior engineers and know when to ask for help if blocked.
Skills & Requirements:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of Java/J2EE development experience.
- Strong Java/J2EE object-oriented design and development skills.
- Solid understanding of Web Standards (XML, Web Services (WS*, REST).
- SQL proficiency (MySQL experience is preferred).
- Familiar with JSP.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- Strong commitment to quality, architecture, and documentation.
- Experience with Agile methodologies or related iterative development processes is a plus.
- Demonstrated use and knowledge of design patterns is a plus.
Modernizing Medicine Benefit Highlights:
- Health Insurance, 401(k), Vacation, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Resource Groups
- Professional development opportunities including tuition reimbursement programs and unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, treadmill workstations, quarterly onsite massages, onsite dry cleaning, onsite car wash and many more!