Summary: For over 29 years, Mile High Youth Corps (MHYC) has transformed lives, communities and the environment through meaningful youth development and service programs rooted in conservation and the community. The Development & Communications Department is currently seeking a Development Associate to provide marketing and event planning support to the organization. Primary areas of responsibility include overseeing the social media platforms for the agency, helping to plan and execute the signature fundraising event, Building Futures, and general administrative tasks that help to support effective stewardship of donors. Applicants must be able to adapt to an evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace.
Reports to: Director of Development & Communications
- In partnership with the Director of Development & Communications, develop and implement an editorial calendar for social media platforms that effectively tells the MHYC story and highlight impact.
- Create a monthly e-newsletter, working across departments to gather content for inclusion. Analyze email marketing results used to re-tool future emails.
- Manage logistics for the annual fundraising event, Building Futures, including but not limited to:
o Securing silent auction prizes
o Organizing vendors for event
o Marketing campaigns and any communications collateral for event
- Manage donor database entries in timely manner.
- Keep website current and relevant. Monitor and report website traffic and flow.
- Ensure proper donor recognition and stewardship.
- Support management of MHYC giving campaigns throughout the year (direct mail, workplace giving, online giving campaign and cause marketing)
- Represent the agency at workplace giving fairs, able to talk about MHYC and encourage potential donors to learn more.
MHYC is committed to hiring candidates with unique backgrounds and perspectives. If you are interested in this position but are concerned that you do not meet all of the requirements or possess all of the necessary skills, or that prior convictions or your background might disqualify you, we encourage you to submit an application anyway.
- Strong commitment to Mile High Youth Corps’ mission, vision and values.
- Skills in managing social media and developing content. Strong communication skills-verbal and written.
- Exceptional initiative and drive for ongoing improvement.
- Effective at building relationships with diverse community partners and key stakeholders as a MHYC representative.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Experience using database software to input and extract information.
- Detail oriented and able to manage and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office products.
- Ability to set and meet goals.
- Experience working on Hootsuite platform.
- Experience with Salesforce database.
- Adobe Creative Suite skills.
- Experience with special event production.
- Pre-employment background check, which includes fingerprinting, is required.
- Pre-employment drug screen required.
Hours & Compensation:
This is a full-time position. Medical, dental, vision and life benefits are available on the 1st of the month after working 60 days. Mile High Youth Corps also offers a Section 403(b) Retirement Plan. Salary range is $40,000-$42,000 dependent on experience and skillset. Some evenings and weekend hours maybe required for youth corps related functions.
To apply, email resume, cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org (include “Development Associate” in the subject line) No calls please.
Mile High Youth Corps is committed to diversity in principle and practice, both in the community at large and within the organization. We are, therefore, committed to having our internal operations and employment practices administered on a non-discriminating basis inclusive of, but not limited to, race, religion, color, socio-economic status, gender, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, or national origin. Every effort shall be made to grant reasonable accommodation for qualified people with disabilities to participate in this position.
More information can be found at www.milehighyouthcorps.org