Robotics Process Automation (RPA) Intern
The Enterprise Robotic Processing Automation team at MassMutual is seeking a remote Summer 2021 intern who is interested in assisting the Robotics team in building automation applications. The work in this group is exciting, innovative and always changing! You’ll have the opportunity to assist in cutting edge technology with building automation robots in a collaborative team environment while also getting professional exposure contributing to production, project and team deliverables. If you are interested in pursuing an IT career with a team that has a focus on their customers and you are eager to learn and grow, check this out!
Robotics is growing! The RPA team is tasked with creating “bots” that improve efficiencies across systems, both new and old. The team consists primarily of developers that work on projects supporting multiple lines of business across the enterprise. As the RPA Intern, you’ll participate in team meetings and developer huddles that will give you exposure to professionals and the approaches they take with their design, code, testing, and overall process on how the team decides how to build certain “bots.”
As an intern, you’ll work with business partners to understand their processes and how to improve it through automation. You’ll have the opportunity to develop your own understanding of the RPA Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process. As a RPA Intern you will use creative problem solving approaches to generate ideas to overcome obstacles.
Some other tasks may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Daily Status meeting with the team
- Daily creative brainstorming session with developers
- Interacting with Business Analysts, Software Developers, and Testers to assist in developing Robots
- Administer Jira, Teams and other project tracking applications
- Research, design and implement applications that support Robotics
The Minimum Qualifications
- Currently a junior expecting graduation from a Bachelor’s Degree program in Spring 2022
- At least a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Basic skills in either java, .net, C#, C++, Python, Perl, XML, SQL, or similar
- Interest and basic understanding of the software development life cycle
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to problem solve complex issues
- Eagerness to work with a diverse team of professionals
- Must be authorized to work in the US without requiring work authorization sponsorship, both now and in the future
The Ideal Qualifications
- High level of technical aptitude
- Previous exposure to UiPath
- Experience using Tableau, Alteryx, or other data visualization tool
- Knowledge of Unix, Windows, Mainframe
- Previous application development exposure or understanding of API
- Ability to research new technical capabilities
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with your team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
We’ve been around since 1851. During our history, we’ve helped millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection, and plan for the future.
Today, we continue to develop meaningful relationships with our customers by building their trust, being knowledge problem solvers and always prioritizing their needs. MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life.
MassMutual was recognized as an Ethisphere 2019 World’s Most Ethical Company, a Top Place to Work in 2020 according to The Boston Globe and named among America’s Best Employers for Diversity according to Forbes 2020. MassMutual ranks No. 84 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status