As a member of the Responsible Business Alliance, Lumentum is committed to the highest standards of social, ethical, and environmental conduct and responsibility. In this exciting role, the Product Environmental Assessment Intern will provide support and assistance to Lumentum’s growing Corporate Responsibility program. Currently the team is focused on developing its first annual sustainability report and is looking for a support in the evaluation of product environmental impacts. Day-to-day activities can differ widely from data collection and analysis, to research and presentation preparation. You may work with various teams including Supply Chain, Product Engineering and R&D.
The Corporate Social Responsibility Intern’s responsibilities would include but not be limited to the following:
- Conduct an environmental Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) of selected components
- Identify opportunities for reduction of environmental impacts
- Conduct a feasibility study of environmental Life Cycle Assessment tools
- Interact and collaborate with various teams (Supply Chain, Product Engineering, R&D) worldwide.
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree program and majoring in Industrial Ecology, Sustainability, Environmental Engineering or related field. Students must be returning to school following the internship.
- Proficient with the Life Cycle Assessment methodology
- Knowledge of LCA databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Word
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to be resourceful, collaborate and also work independently
- Exceptional time management, analytical, problem-solving, and researching skills