Manage the planning, organizing, staffing, controlling, and direction of the worship department, the worship director will oversee and coordinate all of the details that a worship encounter or event encompasses. The director must be a visionary who is both creative and organized and must be able to communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in on the vision. This person ensure that decisions and plans are made and coordinated to optimize the flow of the worship experience and minimize disruption. This individual possess soft skills including adaptability, professionalism, and initiative. The Worship Director does not have to do each task themselves but should emphasize building a team and coordinating completion of tasks related to the worship experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be able to connect with the heart of the Senior Pastor to ensure that music flows as needed during worship services.
- Organize and communicate with ministry teams to organize and produce life changing worship encounters for all Sunday worship encounters, special services, KCC funerals, evening bible studies, and requested traveling services.
- Oversee scheduling of and communication to worship related ministry leaders, worship team members, and audio/visual technicians for Sunday celebrations utilizing Church Community Builder, email, and other communication tools.
- Attend and oversee all production and creative elements for the corporate worship encounters in consultation with the Senior Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, biblical accuracy, and musical appropriateness.
- Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme or sermon series for the day.
- Collaborate with Minister of Music on media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, and dramatists to coordinate the flow and theme of the worship encounter.
- Build and lead a team to produce the liturgy and the corresponding elements for the worship encounter.
- Lead regular department and ministry teams meetings for collaboration, ministry development, planning and improvement.
- Demonstrate the flexibility to work with various age groups for worship presentations at special services (ex. Youth Sundays, Senior Sunday, etc.).
- Identify, recruit, and train individuals and build teams within the department.
- Provide personal touch and care to team members as an extension of the Senior Pastor.
- Resolve problems in your area of service with the maximum productivity and creativity while maintaining minimum losses in morale and volunteerism.
- Organize, outline plans for, and implement plans for major and minor church events while working with ministry teams to accomplish the event.
- Work with vendors, local businesses, and city officials to manage large church events Instill a sense of mission and purpose within the entire Production Team. Work to teach and lead the team members to grow spiritually and to instill in each team member the ministry DNA of Koinonia Christian Center.
- Assist with Special Projects as needed.
- Oversee and organize departmental or event related budgets.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior or Executive Pastor.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in production, creative arts, or music related field.